Top 7 Best Car Buffer Reviews 2017
In the process of cleaning and making your favorite automobile look new and brilliant, buffing is definitely one of the most decisive tasks. In fact, this is a stage of vehicle cleaning which helps to bring back the look of your car and provide an incredible shining quality of the surface.
In general, this process helps to eliminate tiny covers of paint so that your car would be coated with a new layer underneath. In addition, if you are using a suitable compound, buffing would definitely play a key role in eliminating small scrape and scratch from the coating of your car. Thus, if you think that it is proper time to apply the buffer for your automobile, then the first thing you need to understand is the ways of working and the importance as well.
As you all know, car cleaning is really significant so it is essential to go for the most suitable buffer for your car. Regular replacement of parts in your car could be a boggling task for your mind. Thus, the usage of polishers and buffers is becoming popular since it helps to keep an elegant and fashionable appearance for your car.
Before starting this important process, you should have a look at the following information so that you could go for the most suitable type of polisher and buffer for your car.
Top 7 Best Car Polishers 2017
DEWALT DWP849X 7-Inch/9-Inch Variable Speed Polisher with Soft Start
PORTER-CABLE 7424XP 6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher
Meguiar's MT300 Pro Power DA Polisher
Flex XC3401VRG Positive-Drive Rotary-Orbital Polisher
Griot's Garage 10813STDCRD 6" Random Orbital Polisher with 10' Cord
Makita 9227C 7-Inch Hook and Loop Electronic Polisher/Sander
TORQ BUF501X 10FX Random Orbital Polisher Kit (Polisher + 9 Items)
Note: $ ( $50 - $100 ), $$ ( $100 - $200 ), $$$ ( $200 - $300 ), $$$$ ( $300 - $400 )
Type of Car Buffers
Electrical versus Pneumatic Buffer
When it comes to the source of power, there are 2 main types of buffer available in the market:
- A pneumatic buffer depends on a compressor air.
- An electrical buffer uses electricity.
In general, an electrical buffer is heavier and requires more maintenance than a pneumatic device. This is partly because the electrical devices are made with a lot of motors and other elements, while a pneumatic model is powered by a separated air compressor, which does not have any additional elements.
However, since an electrical buffer does not need extra device such as air compressor in a pneumatic device, it is more flexible and suitable for a mobile user. In addition, this piece of equipment also runs quietly and is a highly reasonable option for car owners in the market.
In the other hand, a pneumatic buffer would help the users to control the adjustment of speed (rpm) better and is not dependable on the shocking risks of using electricity in wet working areas. However, one factor that you need to notice about a pneumatic buffer is to make sure the proper combination between the quantity of pressure that an air compressor is made to provide and that needed by the device to run normally.
Random Orbital and High Speed Buffer
The typical circular move of a high speed buffer along with continuing high RMP would lead to friction one the area of facing with the covering of paint. As a result, it generates heat that gradually makes the paint softer. This is the reason why a high speed device could lead to the damage of paint because of improper usage.
In contrast, a random orbital device generally runs with 2 separated movements: the orbital movement along with the slow circular movement. As a result, this makes using the random orbital buffer as safe as using your own hand. But it is a lot faster with more consistent results.
In general, a high speed buffer would definitely create better results compared to a random orbital device. However, it also requires the users to spend a large amount of effort and time to master the usage; if not, improper technique or unsuitable chemical substances would result in serious problems. In contrast, most people could use a random orbital buffer quickly and easily for their first time. It is only the matter of knowledge which pad or chemical to apply to remove particular issues with the paint of your car.
If you just have a tight budget, then a random orbital buffer unit would be a perfect choice with great efficiency. Nevertheless, for those who want to get a perfect result, the high speed device might be the only option left for them.
Benefits of Car Buffers
In fact, you could, of course, clean an automobile by your own hands. However, a car buffer would provide a large number of benefits as well as help car owners to save a lot of time and effort. More importantly, the appearance of your car would be improved significantly. The followings are a couple of benefits that a good type of car buffer might be able to offer a car owner:
- 1. Better results
- 2. Saving money and time
- 3. Versatility
- 4. Safe for using
- 5. Good learning devices
- 6. Protect the luster and color of your car
- 7. Keep the value of a car
In general, waxing an automobile by hands is certainly better than not doing it, but there is no doubt that a good result would require the most suitable type of car buffer. While you are waxing and cleaning a vehicle, the main purpose is to thoroughly and evenly work with the polishing parts. And this is almost impossible to achieve just by your hands. In average, a car buffer could create more than 6000 movement each minute with an effective and safe speed. It is impossible for a car owner to do this just by their hands.
Apart from helping a car owner to reduce the amount of time waxing and cleaning their car in a half, using the car buffer would also save a lot of money on waxing products. While you are using car polisher by hands, it is almost impossible not to use a lot. Nevertheless, a car buffer would let the user to use a thin layer on the surface of the vehicle, thereby saving them a lot of money on other products each time they clean and wax it.
Another perfect benefit of using a car buffer is the versatility for using with a wide range of pads. In general, various pads would have various amount of softness and densities. As you could apply a wide range of pads in most types of car buffer, a form with high quality could deal with almost all of the cleaning and waxing needs for your vehicle.
If you are not using a rotary type of buffer that could be suitable for careful waxing or scratches repairing, then you do not need to be worried about the burning of your vehicle’s paint layer. With a random orbital buffer, a car owner could keep providing their car a great result without harming the surface.
As it is simple and possible to face damage for the paint on your car and financial problem, the random orbital buffer is a good learning device for any beginner in detailing their car. Those types of polisher could help a car owner get more confidence in the time of record and then transform them quickly to a detailing professional, who is able to use most powerful types of buffer safely.
In general, the color of a car would start to change if you do not wax it regularly. For example, a red vehicle would turn to orange and a dark black car would begin fading to gray. However, with the adding of the car wax, the covering of paint in a new car would be still as shiny as the time of buying. Thus, you need to wax the car by using a type of buffer with high quality for each 3 months so that the beautiful appearance of your car investment would be remained.
Since the car is a precious possession, you need to treat and take care of it as a valuable thing. By applying a suitable type of car buffer to keep the paint, you would also help to maintain the value of this investment. In case you want to resell a car as most of people do, having your vehicle buffed and waxed properly would definitely help you to get a better value of rescaling.
The random orbital buffer of Griot’s Garage is a perfect all-round type which would offer car owners with most of those advantages above and even more. This versatile type of buffer is totally safe, simple to use and a complete beast of buffing. It is the reason why a lot of car owners regard this to be the best type of buffer for car in the market these days.
Top 3 Best Car Buffer Reviews 2017
- This variable rotary speed buffer model of Dewalt is probably one of the best devices in the market, which is a perfect option for any car owners as it is made with a powerful source of energy. More specifically, with a current of 12 amperes, this device could perform for a long time. Another good feature of this model is the gear case made of rubber, which helps to reduce the imperfection on the surface. In addition, the grasping surface is perfect thanks to the ergonomic design which has been made with wool shield so that you could increase the durability of this device and lower the cost of service costs. To choose the most suitable type of car buffer, this is a perfect option particularly because this electrical device is made with a controlled rate of speed to maximize the finish.
- Simple and smooth to use.
- Durable and high quality.
- Create the perfect shine.
- Could be used for waxing metal or boat.
- Top or side handle option.
- No load pace.
- Soft and comfortable rubber.
- 3-year warranty.
- 90-day money back.
- Free service contract for 1 year.
- Could be tricky.
- Could damage plastic elements.
- Brushes do not last long.
- Trigger might lead to problems.
- Pads might need to be changed in a couple of months.
- This 7424XP buffer model of Porter Cable has been the standard and market favorite for many years. Moreover, it is regarded as the best type of car buffer for professional users and beginners in cleaning and waxing their cars. One of the most outstanding benefits of his device is its power and speed. In fact, there are a couple of drawbacks for this buffer version, but it is still standing on the list of perfect devices in the market.
- Good option for beginners.
- Variable pace.
- Protection against heat overload.
- Random orbits.
- Action without swirl.
- Provide detachable handle at 2 sides (right or left).
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- No load pace.
- Not suitable for a heavy duty task.
- Would need additional pad soon.
- Noisy when running.
- The MT300 of Meguiars would be a common choice among professional car owners. In fact, it is often regarded as one of the best car buffer with dual action in the market these days. In addition, this device is really powerful, which is made with 500 W of energy. There would be no doubt of the ability to eliminate the swirl as well as make your car shining.
- Moreover, it is made with a technology called DTM (digital torque management). With digital circuits, the buffer smoothly provides the needed torque to keep the level of speed to wax your car.
- Last but not least, the MT 300 car buffer is manufactured with an ergonomic design and light form, which would make it simpler for any car owners regardless of beginner or professional to be accustomed to this type of car buffer.
- Smooth when running.
- Effective in swirl removing and waxing.
- Light and comfortable to use.