Needless to say, all of us understand that oil plays an important role in keeping the engine of your vehicle healthy and alive. Therefore, you need to choose the best one that would help your car to work effectively for a long period.
When it comes to lubricant for the engine, there are 2 options available in the market these days: Conventional oil and synthetic oil. In general, synthetic oil is a chemically modified product of petroleum, while conventional oil is naturally crude oil or a by-product of crude oil, while. Thus, most people tend to buy synthetic products after the breaking-in period of their vehicle.
However, there are a variety of synthetic oil brands available and it is really challenging to go for the right one for your needs and budgets. That is why we write this buying guide to make everything simpler for you by showing every important information in choosing best synthetic oil.
Top 5 Best Synthetic Oil Recommendations 2020
Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6)
4.9 / 5.0
Castrol 06112 Power1 10W-40 Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil - 1 Quart Bottle, (Pack of 6)
4.8 / 5.0
Pennzoil 550038331 Ultra Platinum 10W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil - 5 Quart Jug
4.8 / 5.0
Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil - 5 Liter Jug
4.8 / 5.0
Shell Rotella (550019921) T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic, Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil (CJ-4) - 1 Gallon
4.8 / 5.0
Note: $ ($1 - $50), $$ ($50 - $100), $$$ ($100 - $150)
Top 5 Best Synthetic Oil Reviews 2020
- When it comes to synthetic oil, Mobil 1 is probably one of the most popular names in the market, which is famous for its impressive quality and used widely in most car model, even racing cars or high-end vehicles.
- The Mobil 1 94001 is basically a full synthetic oil, which means that there is no additives or crude in its components. Therefore, its increased mileage as well as mechanical performance will definitely be among the most significant advantages.
- This oil is SAE 5W-30, simply meaning that the viscosity rating is 5 and 30 in cold and normal temperatures respectively. Thus, remember to read the manual of your vehicle carefully to know if it is the suitable weight rating for the type of oil that you need to use.
- Perfect quality.
- Increase mileage and mechanical performance.
- Reputable brand.
- Used in premium vehicle.
- Quite expensive.
- Containers could leak.
- Motorcycle oil plays an essential role in extending the life of the engine, particularly during heavy use. However, many products do more harm than good posing as catalyst for early corrosion of the vehicle such as crude-based one. But everything starts to change with the introduction of Castrol 06112 Power1, which is a new product of synthetic oil in the market. It is mainly blended and designed to provide you with clear and clean solution to common problems with bad combustion in your motorcycle.
- This oil product is often applied for engines with 4 strokes or 4 cycles. And you just need to use a small amount for each liter of gas.
- Decrease coefficient of friction.
- Can be used with wet clutches.
- Enhance swift gear transmission.
- Perfect acceleration.
- Oil leak with wrong gaskets.
- Frequent change.
- In spite of its high-end price, the Pennzoil 550038331 Ultra Platinum is definitely a good choice if you are looking for a product to maintain the maximized performance of your car’s engine. In fact, it is widely recognized by most professional mechanics for offering one of the best stable and lubricated solutions for vehicles that are often operated in harsh conditions.
- With revolutionary as well as advanced Pureplus technology, which combines synthetic base oil with high-performance additives, it make a significant contribution to converting pure natural gas to full synthetic-based and high quality oil that is used in motors. Therefore, this formulation exceptionally works well in the conditions where other types of oil might be either too hot to keep cohesion or to viscous for lubrication. As a result, less amount of oil would lost by evaporating off hot engine surface, including piston rings.
- Last but not least, this product of Pennzoil is made to provide an additional 500 miles each year between each oil change so that you can save a bit money for this task.
- Protection against power loss.
- Better control on viscosity.
- Durable and stable.
- Suitable for tough condition.
- Maximize car performance.
- Quite expensive.
- This is another popular name of motor synthetic oil that is a little bit expensive, but many people think that it is worth the money. The Liqui Moly 2041 is made for both diesel and gas engines of different types such as turbocharged or supercharged variants.
- With the 5W-40 rating, you could expect this product to deliver oil quickly to the whole engine even at low temperature. You could depend on the lubrication capacity of this oil even in very high or low temperatures.
- It would hold up really well, so it should be one of the products to take into consideration when oil replacements tend to have prolonged time intervals. The Liqui Moly 2041 is also highly suggested for engines with high performance since it is extremely reliable. Many luxury car or sports car owners notice that the engines of their vehicle (particularly the expensive German models) run more smoothly and quieter when they apply this synthetic oil product.
- Do not burn out quickly.
- Engine runs more efficiently.
- Recommended by owners of Mercedes Benzes, Audis and Porsches
- Quite expensive.
- Need to use an oil filter.
- This is another product which is highly recommended thanks to its wide range of impressive technology, especially low ash feature. This technology is generally designed to control the blockage of the exhaust, which would make the oil fuel efficient and emission compliant. With free-flowing base, the Shell Rotella T6 can protect your engines in extreme conditions, especially high temperature, by retaining the suitable level of viscosity.
- In addition, this synthetic oil also provides a lot of different performance advantages. For example, it would be able to offer improved fuel economy in your car. With the correct choice, you can maximize the functionality of the engine, which is the exact reason why it could save fuel in the long-term.
- Perfect wear performance is another benefits. It could offer a high level of protection against common wear and tear in car’s engine, and thus play an essential part in improving the performance of your car.
- Lessen engine friction.
- Contains no additives.
- Improve fuel economy.
- Protect the engines in extreme cases.
- Can increase oil pressure.
- Quite thick.
Why Should You Use Synthetic Oil for Your Car?
In the first part of this buying guide, we have mentioned that more and more people prefer to use synthetic oil. The following are some of the most important benefits, which would provide you basic knowledge on why you should use synthetic oil for your car:
- Cheaper expense: One of the most common reasons for the popularity of synthetic oil is probably its economic advantage. When using conventional oil, you need to change it after the car has run for 3000 miles, while the synthetic oil could last for up to 7000 miles. The initial cost might be high, but you will notice that it is a much cheaper choice in the long-term.
- Better for your vehicle: In addition to its economic benefit, synthetic oil could be generally better for your vehicle compared to standard oil. For example, it can give your car better lubrication, which can maximize the HP of the engine, improve the gas mileage, and extend the life of the engine. Synthetic oil can also make sure reliable functioning of your engine during winter weather.
- Resistance to external condition: Another benefit that synthetic oil can bring to your car is its resistance to a variety of external elements such as oxidation, thermal breakdown, and oil sludge. Evaporative loss would also be reduced, which is probably one of the main reasons why it could last for a long time.
How to Change Your Engine Oil and Filter?
RECOMMENDATION FOR YOU
- For most of us, choosing the right type of synthetic oil is probably not a simple task. However, it does not mean that you just pick any brands or go for the cheapest product available in the market. Make sure that it is manufactured by a trusted name, given high rating by many users, and more importantly, suitable for your car’s engine.
- As mentioned earlier, if you simply want to use the best synthetic oil, Mobil 1 94001 is definitely a perfect choice with an advanced formula so that you can use it all year round and save a lot of money and time.
- This synthetic oil product helps to extend the life of your car by providing lubrication right after it is started and maintaining a steady flow when you are driving the vehicle. This would keep the engine cooler and improve fuel economy as well.
- When it comes to online reviews, most of them are really positive, and its ratings are often 4.9 out of 5.0 stars. This is mainly because customers like the way they could immediately see the results in protecting their cars against heat damage or starting the vehicle easily in cold conditions.
- Overall, the Mobil 1 94001 is definitely an excellent choice for you to extend the life of your vehicle.