When it comes to the audio systems in your car, an amplifier is probably one of the most important parts to make it more powerful. While it might be included already in the original components, many people prefer to get it changed to one which could offer the source of power that is required by the speakers. All music lovers invest their money in the best car amplifier so that they can enjoy superior quality of sound while driving on the road.
While it is widely believed that a car amplifier would improves the quality of audio, it is only correct when you go for the right one. This is because if you pick the wrong model, the sound would be considerably distorted and you would not be able to to handle the power requirement of the whole stereo system. So, which brands and designs will be the best choice for you? After reading this buying guide, , you will certainly learn all necessary information to make it much easier in making a good purchasing decision.
Top 5 Best Car Amplifier Recommendations 2019
Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier
4.9 / 5.0
Boss AR1500M ARMOR 1,500-Watt Mono Mosfet Amplifier
4.8 / 5.0
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier
4.8 / 5.0
Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote
4.7 / 5.0
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier
4.7 / 5.0
Note: $ ($1 - $100), $$ ($100 - $200), $$$ ($200 - $300)
Top 5 Best Car Amplifier Reviews 2019
- This R12001D version of Rockford Fosgate is made to provide the sound with high quality and deep, clear bass that would improve your driving experience on the road. In addition, the subwoofer amplifier provides high efficiency with the installation of the Class-D circuitry while offering full and rich bass to any audio system.
- Designed with infra-sonic filters, the subwoofers would be safe from ultra-low bass note, which could disrupt bass quality and overall quality of the music. This device is compatible with the 4-Channel stereo so that you can manage the mids and highs to attain high quality music. Last but not least, with tri-stage protection, your device would be protected from short circuits, over-current as well as thermal.
- Protection against short circuit, over-current and thermal.
- On-board PEQ.
- Variable Crossover.
- Optimal remote.
- Infra-sonic filters.
- 4-channel stereo.
- Not so durable.
- MOSFET feature in this amplifier helps switch quickly from full to non-conduction to achieve output with high efficiency. In addition, Class-A/B technology also increases the power output and quality of sound while improving efficiency and lowering distortion.
- 2-ohm stable powers the subwoofers and speakers comfortably when using at 2 ohms, which results in more volume and power.
- Low-level input accepts output signal of the pre-amp and high-level input accepts output signals of the speaker for the addition of processors and amps to aftermarket source unit or standard factory.
- Variable low-pass filter helps you to control the frequencies which pass through into the subwoofer.
- When the speaker fails causing a short or the amplifier becomes too hot, the automatic shut-off helps to protect this device from any serious problems.
- With switchable input sensitivity, you could easily control the input signal to get customized balance between sound quality and power. Variable input control technology allows this device to match input signal with output one from its head to get optimal performance when properly adjusted.
- Subwoofer control.
- Variable input control.
- Protection against short circuit.
- Slim design.
- Switchable sensitivity.
- Get hot quickly.
- Quite expensive.
- The PBR300X4 is designed with 4 channels for stereo rear or front systems that need little space, so it is especially perfect for recreational vehicles and motorcycles. Boosted rail feature offers an ultra efficient-form that would generate 300W of power. In addition, this products also claims a variable DC that offsets turn-on circuit so that you can easily install it to any OEM system.
- A real-time analog computer called NOMAD helps to protect the amplifier from short circuit and dangerously low impedances in the speaker.
- 4 channels.
- Require little space.
- Easy to install.
- Equalization circuit.
- Real-time analog computer.
- Not so durable.
4. Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote
- If you are looking for a device to power the subwoofer with a relatively low budget, then the GM-D8601 Class D of Pioneer should be taken into consideration. Rated at 1600W, you could easily acquire consistent 800W of RMS power that comes directly into the subwoofer.
- With this car amplifier, you could accordingly adjust the subwoofer from at low as 40 Hertz to as high as 240 Hertz. In addition, it is designed with a wired module for bass control, which allows you to turn up or down the bass level without needing to do it physically.
- The level inputs of the speaker help you to connect OEM head unit without needing to purchase add-on adapter. Several additional features such as: 100 dB ratio of signal to noise ratio for higher volume and less noise in the background and constant power outputs come.
- Reasonable price.
- Small size.
- Provide great power.
- Versatile installation and performance.
- Optimum adjustment for bass level.
- Improved circuit form.
- Just good for operating with a single subwoofer.
- The R500X1D of Rockford Fosgate is car amplifier with high quality and exceptional performance, which is rated at 500 W and 2 ohms RMS. This product is designed with the most advanced technology in this industry such as a muted turn-on, remote bass control, phase switch, high level input, real-time outputs, cast aluminum heatsink and protection against over current as well as short circuit. In addition, this product is really innovative, durable and good looking, which makes them one of the most popular car amplifier models in the market.
- With the usage of DTM technology, which applies a thermal system with 3 stages to provide forced air for evenly transfering heat across the car amplifier, it allows the heat to come out easily. As a result, the amp would operate efficiently during a long period of time. In addition, this device also assists in the reliability as well as the durability of the amp. The sleek design and chassis make it outstanding in any type of vehicle audio setup.
- Wired remote.
- On Board Punch EQ.
- Great design and quality.
- Easy to control.
- Average control of sub-woofer.
- Very uncomfortable and bright light on control.
Benefits of Using Car Amplifier
While there are a lot of advancements in the quality and efficiency of factory-installed car amplifiers over the past few years, in many situations, they are still inferior in comparison with those you could buy and install as after-market part. If you still hesitate over setting up an amplifier in the audio system of your vehicle, below are a couple of reasons that would probably make you change your mind:
- Improve quality of sound: Perhaps this is the most common reason why it is basically a good thing to have a car amplifier. It would provide you with a clean source of power that might significantly change the way of producing sound in your vehicle. Another important benefit of this device is probably its response as well as sensitivity.
- Power upgraded speakers: When you change any speakers in the audio system with the aim of making it more powerful, you would most possibly need to have an amplifier that would be able to match the requirement. The more louder and powerful speakers will require an amplifier that would be able to complement their specifications perfectly.
- Power upgraded subwoofer: Just like in the case you replace a speaker, the subwoofer will basically need more power, which could be handled by a car amplifier. This is the reason why it is necessary to buy one.
RECOMMENDATION FOR YOU
- To sum up, the Rockford Fosgate R12001D is definitely a perfect choice for the audio system in your car since it is designed with bass equalizer to provide excellent performance as well as operates at 1200 W for necessary amount of power. Most of users are quite satisfied with this device since it provide perfect quality of sound at such an reasonable price. In addition, it is simple to install and offers the advantage of amazing appearance with sleek form that makes it outstanding in your car compared to other models in the market. Therefore, if you want to improve the audio system in your vehicle with a suitable addition, then going for a Rockford amplifier might help you to enjoy impressive music song with amazing quality of sound and clear bass.
- It is not always easy to search for the the right amplifier for your car. Thus, you should bear in mind the information and product reviews mentioned above to make it a lot easier in your buying decision. A car amplifier needs to be seen as the necessary investment for a greater music experience on the road, so you should not hesitate to spend enough time for it to enjoy superior sound quality.