Top 5 Best 8 Inch Car Subwoofer and Buying Guide 2019
Many people often mistakenly underestimate the power of small subwoofers. But in fact, bigger subwoofers can overpower and distort the whole musical experience while you are driving on the road.
If you are a music lover who is looking for a good subwoofer to improve the audio system in your car, then 8-inch models would be a good option. When you install and power these units properly, they can produce perfect bass quality with an affordable price.
As many other car accessories, you can be overwhelming when choosing the best 8-inch subwoofer due to a wide range of models with different prices, designs, and features in the market. We will make it easier for you by listing the most common 8-inch subwoofers with short reviews as well as pros and cons.
Top 5 Best 8 Inch Car Subwoofer Recommendations 2019
Pyle PLPW8D 8-Inch 800 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer
4.9 / 5.0
Planet Audio AC8D Anarchy8 inch DUAL Voice Coil (4 Ohm) 1200-watt Subwoofer
4.8 / 5.0
BOSS Audio CXX8 600 Watt, 8 Inch, Single 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
4.7 / 5.0
Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 8-inch Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 600 Watts Max Power
4.7 / 5.0
Rockford Fosgate P2D4-8 Punch P2 DVC 4 Ohm 8-Inch 250 Watts RMS 500 Watts Peak Subwoofer
4.7 / 5.0
Note: $ ($0 - $20), $$ ($20 - $60), $$$ ($60 - $100)
Related Article: Top 5 Best 6×9 Car Speakers and Buying Guide 2019
Top 5 Best 8 Inch Car Subwoofer Reviews 2019
- Are you looking for a good replacement for the audio system in your car? The Pyle PLPW8D is definitely a great value subwoofer with a lot of advanced features, especially the bass quality. Depending on your preferences, it is very simple to fine tune to produce clear and crisp tones.
- This subwoofer is able to keep a great level of bass and add more bounces thanks to a 1000-watt punch as well as dual voice coil. Also, it is designed with a non-pressed paper cone and black steel basket to offer a rugged, but very strong performance.
- You can store this subwoofer in any enclosures that you want, including vented, sealed, or open-air. Therefore, this is probably one of the best 8-inch subwoofers for car drivers who want to keep in touch with their music while moving on the road.
- Good value for the quality.
- Great sound.
- Punchy bass.
- Quick sound responses.
- Good low frequencies.
- Some cracks at high volumes.
- Not for free-air installation.
- With the Planet AC8D Anarchy subwoofer, you do not need to purchase additional pair of speakers to replace as it is able to work really with the factory-installed audio system in your car.
- This subwoofer features a dual voice aluminum coil with 4 Ohms so that the users can get more power and less resistance for the amps. But of course, that will depend on the way you wire it. In addition, one of the best feature of the AC8D Anarchy is the ability to work well with sealed or ported enclosures so that you can enjoy superior bass and sound quality, while still maintaining the volume.
- As the unit is accompanied with 2 sets of input terminal, you can wire it in 3 different ways: series, parallel, and independent. This brings the users great flexibility!
- Quite cheap.
- Good-quality sound.
- Dual voice coil.
- Accurate low frequency.
- Produce enough thump.
- Need time to break in.
- Not fit all enclosures.
- It is not always an easy task to install a subwoofer into your car, and that is the reason why you need the CXX8 of BOSS, which can last up to 3 years thanks to durable elements.
- Firstly, the cones are made of a resilient Polymer called Polyurethane that could take the place of rubber, cotton, paint, wood, or metal in many application. The main ingredient of the surround is synthetic Butyl Rubber that is valued for its impermeability, inertness to air and the ability to resist or endure exposure to different weather conditions. In addition, aluminum voice coil is also able to perform under the environment with high compression and tension without corrosion.
- After going through the break-in process, the CXX8 subwoofer is able to produce crisp and deep sounds, meaning that it is a perfect replacement to the factory speakers system in your car.
- Compact design.
- Affordable price.
- Durable materials.
- Crisp and deep sound.
- Not good for high-end use.
4. Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 8-inch Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 600 Watts Max Power
- The Pioneer TS-SW2002D2, which features a custom-fit, modern-made and 8-inch design, is a perfect subwoofer for installing in the open air or tight spaces.
- The manufacturer has made this unit by taking advantage of an oversized cone structure which is able to offer greater gasket and cone surface without changing the standard external dimension. Along with the handling power of 600 watts, this cone surface helps this unit to move more air to generate deeper and louder bass.
- Thanks to a MICA injection-molded resin, it is able to produce high-quality sound with perfect precision so that you can enjoy every moment with your favorite songs while driving on the road.
- Durable aluminum cone.
- Deep and accurate bass.
- Top-notch sound quality.
- Suitable for tight spaces and open air.
- Not very loud.
- When it comes to car subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate is probably one of the most well-known brands in the market these days. And the P2D4 – 8 inches model is a perfect combination of deep bass and price.
- It is able to handle the RMS power of 250 watts so that you can get a deep and nice base without powering the audio system so much. Also, the face of this subwoofer is reinforced with a Kevlar paper cone that would help to produce great sound quality and extend the durability. For a long session of hitting hard bass, the rubber surround has been built in to deal with high excursion moves during the day. In other words, with advanced technology, the Rockford Fosgate P2D4 is a perfect match for bass quality without damaging the bank.
- If you do not want to spend a lot of money but still need a good subwoofer to improve the overall quality of your car’s audio system, then you should take the P2D4 of Rockford Fosgate into consideration.
- Deep bass.
- Durable paper cone.
- Great sound quality.
- Do not handle lows so well.