Top 5 Best 15 Inch Car Subwoofer and Buying Guide 2019
No matter which kind of music you are playing, how softly or loudly you want to listen, a good subwoofer can improve the overall listening appreciation and experience of your favorite songs.
For those who are looking for powerful bass and have a lot of space in their cars, a large subwoofer, especially 15-inch model, is definitely a perfect choice. The sheer size of this model enables it to generate a massive sound quantity that most of the smaller subwoofers are struggling to match. This makes best 15-inch subwoofers an increasingly popular product among car owners.
In this post, we will be reviewing top five 15-inch subwoofers to maximize listening experience in your car, along with their pros and cons so that you can make a better buying decision.
Top 5 Best 15 Inch Car Subwoofer Recommendations 2019
Pyle PLPW15D 15-Inch 2000 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer
4.9 / 5.0
BOSS Audio P156DVC 2500 Watt, 15 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
4.8 / 5.0
Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Small-Enclosure Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
4.7 / 5.0
PLANET AUDIO AC15D 15" 2100W Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
4.7 / 5.0
JBL GT5-15 15-Inch Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer
4.7 / 5.0
Note: $ ($0 - $50), $$ ($50 - $100), $$$ ($100 - $150)
Top 5 Best 15 Inch Car Subwoofer Reviews 2019
- The Pyle PLPW15D features a RMS power of 1000 Watts and peak power of 2000 Watts so that it is able to produce really impressive bass for any music lovers. Also, it would generate high-quality music, whether in your car or at home thanks to the contribution of the foam surround, dual voice coil, and 50-ounce magnet.
- Although you can use this unit for nearly all kinds of enclosure, including sealed, vented, or open-air, you will need a well-chosen amp and the right enclosure to take advantage of this component subwoofer.
- This PLPW10D model of Pyle can be connected to an amplifier via the push-down and spring-loaded speaker terminals, which allow the unit to power in no time. It also features a non-press paper cone and a black steel basket that bring a sleek design to its exterior.
- For these features, this subwoofer is undoubtedly a versatile, clean-cut, and powerful model that you should consider buying to enhance the quality and add better performance of the audio system in your vehicle.
- Unmatched bass.
- Easy and flexible to install.
- Perfect sound quality.
- Sleek design.
- Rather big driver size.
- For most of car owners, BOSS means power and quality. And the P156DVC subwoofer is not an exception. It features the highest power capability in this class, which is 2500 Watts, so that you can maximize the quality of sound in your car’s audio system.
- With a cone made of poly injection material, the P156DVC can take all potholes and jerks to make the subwoofer last for a long time. Also, the voice coil is designed with a durable material called Kapton, which helps to prevent this unit from heating under high temperatures when listening to music too long.
- You can utilize a 2-channel 4000-watt amp with this subwoofer to make sure that is sounds as perfect as other audio systems that cost a fortune. The most important thing that you need to keep in mind is that you should break in gently. A couple of car drivers crank it up to the max volume and then find that they have blown their subwoofer as a result.
- Powerful and high-quality sound.
- Affordable price.
- Good design.
- Durable voice coil.
- Quite huge.
- Break easily if not gently.
- If you are looking for a versatile, powerful, and clean-cut new sound, then Lanzar MAXP254D has your audio solution.
- This subwoofer is designed with a dual voice coil to produce a high-quality sound performance without distortion. Also, durable materials used in its construction helps it to last for a long time.
- When it comes to sound performance, you can make sure the MAXP254D will maximize your listening experience on the road thanks to an output power of up to 2000 Watt. This also helps to produce a powerful bass sound that would make any music lovers happy.
- With a sturdy and durable steel basket in the outside, this subwoofer is also a good investment for the audio system in your car for a long term.
- Reasonable price.
- Suitable for small spaces.
- Flexible to install.
- Lightweight design.
- Quite bad sound at high volume.
- The Planet AC15D, along with its 8’, 10’, and 12’ counterparts, are designed to please the music lovers with powerful and clean bass quality. This subwoofer features a dual voice aluminum coil with 4 Ohms so that the users can get more power and less resistance for the amps. But of course, that will depend on the way you wire it. In addition, one of the best features of the AC15D is the ability to work well with sealed or ported enclosures so that you can enjoy the superior bass and sound quality, while still maintaining the volume.
- As the unit is accompanied with two sets of input terminal, you can wire it to your amp in 3 different ways, including series, parallel, and independent. This gives a car driver more control over the impedance.
- With the Planet AC15D subwoofer, you do not need to purchase an additional pair of speakers to replace as it is able to work really with the factory-installed audio system in your car.
- Good value for money.
- Wide range of frequency.
- Different wiring options.
- Good-quality sound.
- Crisp and clean base.
- Not so durable.
5. JBL GT5-15 15-Inch Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer
- The JBL GT5-15 is considered a good subwoofer with high-quality sound and reasonable price. It features a peak power handling of 1200 Watts to make a powerful and clear bass for any music lovers. In addition, this produce is designed with durable materials, especially the polypropylene of the woofer cone, so that it can last for a longer time.
- For these reasons, if you are looking for an affordable, durable, yet perfect subwoofer, then the JBL GT5-15 is definitely a good choice for you.
- Affordable price.
- High-quality materials.
- Good sound quality.
- Quite low RMS rating.